Thursday, April 18, 2013

P is for the Princess Diaries



Title:  The Princess Diaries (Vol 1)                                            
Author: Meg Cabot
Original Publication Date: 2000
Date I First Read: 2000
Basic Category: Teen/YA Fiction / Humor

Basic Summary:  Mia discovers she is a princess, even though she does not really want to be one.  The story is told in various formats (diary, IM, etc.) 

What I Remember About the Book:  I remember when it arrived, brand new, at the library where I worked.  I started reading it in the staff room during my fifteen minute afternoon break.  I didn’t want to put it down.  I remember laughing out loud.  I remember Mia’s mother painting.  Her friends.   Princess lessons!

What I Took Away From the Book:  It would be fun for a while to find out you are a princess. 

Rating (1-5 stars):  5

PS:  I had the opportunity to meet Meg Cabot in 2004, and also heard her give a most energetic presentation.  I had so much fun.  She took a picture with me.  This was before I had a digital camera.  I need to find the print, and scan it once and for all. I also got a couple of  books signed by Ms. Cabot.   I wore a dress to this conference, and felt like kind of a dork.  A couple of week later I wore the same dress to my great-aunt's funeral. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's fun to have the chance to meet an author that offered you a 5 stars reading and some hours of good time!

Unknown said...

Just visiting - I enjoyed your observations. Mary at Mary A to Z

Unknown said...

Sorry if this is a repeat - not sure what happened when I hit "publish" - Just visiting and enjoyed your observations. Mary at Mary A to Z