Wednesday, April 17, 2013

O is for One-Way to Ansonia


Title:  One-Way to Ansonia
Author: Judie Angell
Original Publication Date: 1985
Date I First Read: 1988
Basic Category: Juvenile/Teen Historical Fiction

Basic Summary: Rose immigrates to the US from Russia or Eastern Europe at age 10 in the 1890s.  It is the story of her growing up in difficult circumstances in New York City.

What I Remember About the Book: I remember really liking this book.  I loved historical fiction, so this one was perfect for me.   I remember most that she got married really young, and had a baby.   She went to English classes. 

What I Took Away From the Book:  Don’t have a baby really early. Wait.  (Um, yes, I actually waited until my 30s.)  Work hard and you make things happen.      

Rating (1-5 stars):  4 (at the time – I need to re-read it!) 

No comments: