Saturday, November 22, 2014

Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King

  Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A. S. King   (2014)

Glory O'Brien has just graduated from high school, but she has no post-high school plans, except to take photos (her mother was also a photographer.) She is not planning to go to college b.  ecause she feels she has no future. She is still dealing with her mother's suicide that occurred when Glory was four years old. And then, she eats a bat, and can suddenly see the future and the past when she looks at other people. 

This is an intriguing book that hooked my interest nearly immediately.  I highly recommend it for teens and for adults who like to read YA fiction. 

I wish that I'd gotten the author's Dust of 100 Dogs and had her sign it back in March 2009 at the first Tucson Festival of Books. I even talked to her,  but had no idea who she was (and that she'd grow in popularity.)  I almost did but was out of cash that day from other purchases!

No comments: