Sunday, November 9, 2014

Chefs and What They Do by Liesbet Slegers

Chefs and What They Do by Liesbet Slegers (2013/2014)

This book, first published last year in Belgium and Holland, is fascinating for my four year old son.  He was a chef for Halloween, and then we saw this among the new books at our local library.  He really liked hearing about what chefs actually do in a restaurant.  This is a very colorful book, with lots of foot illustrated as well. The writing is very clear and informative.  One can tell that this book was written in another country.  There are a few lines about the fishmonger.  I should find out. . . perhaps fishmongers deliver fresh fish to restaurants in the United States?  If so, then I assume some ignorance on my part!  The final  page of the book encourages kids to experiment with tastes and combinations.

My son says he is going to open a restaurant when he grows up, and already as many plans as to what is going to serve the customers.  I have also been informed that I am going to be in charge of making desserts!  And his dad is going to chop all of the vegetables and meat. 

No comments: