Monday, July 27, 2009

The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman

(Just a brief review. . . )

I really, really enjoyed this book . . . as I have enjoyed some of her other books. I perhaps enjoyed this one even more, but parts of it were quite predictable. Let me just say, without giving too much away, that when I started reading this book about three sisters, I just knew that something fatal would end up happening to one of them. Anyway, I digress. The Story Sisters seem to be very close and in fact, they spoke their own secret language, much to the chagrin of their mother. Actually, it was the oldest Story sister who "learned" the language in the night. . . and seemed to have many issues. . . which evolve into drug abuse problems. I love the tone of the book overall.

There is more to this book, and I do recommend it, but I will just leave it at this.

No comments: